Vintage Collins double bit axe has been completely restored, refinished, professionally powder coated, and is razor sharp. Head does not appear to have been used at all, and is in excellent condition – no cracks, breaks, repairs or chips. Clean stamp on the front of the head is deep and legible; see pics for actual details.
New 24” handle is made of curly hickory and has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and soaked in boiled linseed oil and hand-rubbed for a clean, smooth look and feel. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with a walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it back into service and use it
• It’s a piece of functional art
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Add to your axe collection
• Enjoy a piece of history
• Total axe weight – 4 pounds 6 oz.
• Total length of handle – 24”
• Edge to edge – 10.5”
• Cutting edge – 4.5"