Vintage Winchester, Trademark, Made In USA boys axe has been completely restored, refinished, and is razor sharp. Head shows normal signs of use and is in very good condition – no cracks, breaks, repairs or chips. Stamps on the front the of the head are weak, but legible, see pics for actual details.
New 20” curly maple handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and soaked in boiled linseed oil and hand-rubbed for a clean, smooth look and feel. The handle has tons on figuring on the front, back, top and bottom and looks amazing in person in the sunlight, the pictures do not do it justice! Handle has a traditional profile that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with a walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it back into service and use it
• It’s a piece of functional art
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Add to your axe collection
• Enjoy a piece of American history
• Total axe weight – 2 pounds 14 oz.
• Total length of handle – 20”
• Poll to edge – 6”
• Cutting edge – 4"