Collins Homestead Made in USA single bit axe has been completely restored, refinished, and is razor sharp. Head shows normal signs of use and is in very good condition – no cracks, breaks, repairs or chips. Head has clean lines throughout and the stamp is crisp, see pics for details
New straight hickory handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and soaked in boiled linseed oil and hand-rubbed for a clean, smooth look and feel, and has beautiful sapwood and heartwood grain. Handle has a profiled belly and that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it in service and use it
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Prepare for the zombie apocalypse
• Add to your axe collection
• Total axe weight –4 pounds 10 oz.
• Total length of handle – 29.5”
• Poll to edge – 7.5”
• Cutting edge – 5"