Vintage Keen Kutter carpenter hatchet has been completely restored and refinished and is a great size for using around the house and for camping. Head has cleans lines throughout and stamp is in good condition, see pics for details.
New 15” spalted maple handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and hand-rubbed with multiple coats of boiled linseed oil for a clean, smooth look and feel, and has, beautiful grain. Handle has a profiled belly and palm swell that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it in service and use it
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Prepare for the zombie apocalypse
• Add to your axe collection
• Total axe weight –2 pounds 0 oz.
• Total length of handle – 15”
• Hammer to edge – 6.25”
• Cutting edge – 4"