Vintage Stanley 4 Square Sweetheart hatchet has been completely restored and refinished and is a great size for using around the house and for camping. Head has cleans lines throughout and has faint Sweetheart stamp on back, see pics for details.
New 20” ash handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and hand-rubbed with multiple coats of boiled linseed oil for a clean, smooth look and feel, and has, beautifully figured grain. Handle has a profiled belly and palm swell that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 7-8 ounce custom leather sheath that has been dyed and treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Comes packaged in a wooded box that is hand built and custom-fitted to the axe – also comes protected in a full-length cotton sleeve
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it in service and use it
• Use it for your axe throwing club
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Prepare for the zombie apocalypse
• Add to your axe collection
• Total axe weight –2 pounds 12 oz.
• Total length of handle – 19.75”
• Pole to edge – 5.75”
• Cutting edge – 3.75"