Vintage Queen Cutlery saddle hatchet axe has been completely restored and refinished and this is your chance to get a one-of-a-kind rare piece of history! Top and bottom edges have been sanded and re-profiled for a smooth finish. The head shows no signs of use and bits have never been sharpened – see pictures for details.
New ash handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and hand-rubbed with multiple coats of boiled linseed oil for a clean, smooth look and feel. Handle has a profiled belly and palm swell that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with PURPLEHEART wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 1/4” and has a straight-grain pattern.
Comes with an original Queen Cutlery leather sheath that has cleaned and treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath snap closure is broken and does not stay closed.
Comes packaged in a wooded box that is hand built and custom-fitted to the axe – also comes protected in a full-length cotton sleeve.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it in service and use it
• Use it for your axe throwing club
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Prepare for the zombie apocalypse
• You can never have too many axes
• Total axe weight – 1 pounds 7 oz.
• Total length of handle – 15 1/4”
• Edge to edge – 6”
• Cutting edge – 3"