Vintage Hibbard, Spencer, & Bartlett Co. Our Very Best single bit axe has been completely restored, refinished, and is razor sharp. Head is in excellent condition, although it is heavily pitted all over – no breaks, cracks, or repairs. OVB stamp is very faint, but can bee seen within the pitting. Stamp is a large circle with rectangular box ends with the letters OVB inside; the “V” is larger than the other letters. See pics for actual details.
New 28” French curve handle has been dyed tri-burst gradient from lemon yellow to a medium brown. The handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, soaked in Odie’s Oil and hand-rubbed for a clean, smooth look and feel. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with a hardwood wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath(s) that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• It’s a piece of functional art
• Display it in your home or business
• Add to your axe collection
• Enjoy a piece of history
• Put it back into service and use it
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Total axe weight – 4 pounds 7 oz.
• Total length of handle – 28”
• Edge to poll – 7.25”
• Cutting edge –5.25"
• Handle type – dyed solid wood
• Handle material – hickory
• Wedge material – Osage orange