Beautifully pitted Plumb National single bit axe has been completely restored, refinished, and is razor sharp. Head shows normal signs of use and is in very good condition, despite being heavily pitted, which does NOT affect the integrity at all – no cracks, breaks, repairs or chips. Head has a very faint Patent Applied For stamp on the front, and a 4 stamped above the Plumb logo on the back, see pics for actual details.
New 32” hickory handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and soaked in boiled linseed oil and hand-rubbed for a clean, smooth look and feel. Handle has a thin, traditional profile that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with cherry wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 9/10 ounce English bridle leather sheath that has been treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it back into service and use it
• It’s a piece of functional art
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Add to your axe collection
• Enjoy a piece of American history
• Total axe weight – 4 pounds 11 oz.
• Total length of handle – 32”
• Poll to edge – 7.75”
• Cutting edge – 6"