Vintage Keen Kutter half hatchet / shingle hatchet has been completely restored and refinished and is a great size for packing and light camp use. Head has crisp lines throughout and is etched with Vintage Axe Works on the back, see pics for details.
New 12” ash handle has been HAND-SHAPED, hand sanded, and hand-rubbed with multiple coats of boiled linseed oil for a clean, smooth look and feel, and has crazy, beautiful figured crotch grain. Handle has a profiled belly and palm swell that feels great in hand. Clean seal around top and bottom of eye and hung with walnut wedge – handle sticks out from head approximately 3/16”.
Comes with a 7-8 ounce custom leather sheath that has been dyed and treated with leather conditioning oil. The sheath has been assembled with solid brass burr rivets that have been hand peened for a traditional hammered look and has a solid brass Sam Browne button stud closure.
Comes packaged in a full-length cotton sleeve.
Why you need to buy this axe right now:
• Put it in service and use it
• Use it for your axe throwing club
• Display it in your home or business
• Complete your camping inventory
• Gear-up your bushcraft arsenal
• Prepare for the zombie apocalypse
• Add to your axe collection
• Total axe weight – 1 pound 4 oz.
• Total length of handle – 12”